Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trinity

I'm not preaching on Trinity Sunday. One of my friends read the scriptures and said she was going to preach about dancing with God.

When my dear Mom, Betty Giltz, had a very bad reaction to some medicine she was taking she very suddenly lost her wits. She couldn't complete sentences, didn't know our names and this all happened overnight. We were sitting in the living room as I waited to get her into the doctor and she said. "Oh my," and very sweetly held up her hand, "this finger and this finger are really sad because they won't see each other again." (She pointed to her index and then baby finger.) She looked up at me smiling and said, "Oh, Bobbie, don't be frightened, I'm dancing down the street with God."

The medication made it through her system and she was 'alright' again but some years later when she died I remembered those words...don't be frightened, I'm dancing with God.

Every day we have times when we are not sure if we have all our wits about us and yet we don't let go and dance with God.

I think that we are just so worried that if we let go of our pretended control we would just float off the planet. What, we will defy Gravity?

Grounded in faith, God holds our feet to the ground always...except when we are dancing!

God Abides
Good News
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home