Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I arise each day through the strength of heaven

Theresa of Avila wrote the title words.

I write this note almost daily to share or to record some of the things I'm thinking along my day. Often while I drive I see something or hear something on the radio that I think more about and want to write. If you are reading this drop me a comment at the end. I'd just like to know. you can comment below on the comment line. thanks

When I think of my sister Analea who is quite ill I think of all the fun times I've had with her and as usual wish for more. When she was pregnant with her son Gabriel, she in a new mother mode told me that having a baby wasn't going to change her... but then came wonderful Gabe and everything changed. He is a wonderful young man. I was present when he was born because Analea invited me to be. It is a strong bond between us all.

When I think of the things that we wished we had done over our lives I remember the essay that Mary Chapin Carpenter shared on a radio story,
"This I believe"
/www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11182405

It is worth your time to listen and to reflect with her. It's call A learning curve of gratitude.

God abide with you
I arise each day through the strength of heaven.

I'll be on the road the next few days and don't expect to have a computer. keep in touch.
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2007

1 Comments:

  • Bobbie I check your blog site daily. Most of what you write really gets me to thinking and I just enjoy reading them. Hope you have a safe trip home. See you soon.
    -Colette

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Nov 08, 01:16:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home