Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, August 25, 2006

Who ?

"Who's afraid of the Big Bad wolf? The big bad wolf...the big bad wolf?
Who's afaid of the big bad wolf? la la la la la


I remember this as a little song that was sung in a cartoon of Little Red Riding Hood. Perhaps this and other things that made not sense about some of the 'common' fairy tales is what made me not teach many of them to my children. They didn't make sense. I'm not so sure that other books we read were reality-based by any means but at least they didn't give them nightmares.

I remember wondering and asking my Daddy how could the Grandmother and Little Red both be in the wolf's stomach without being digested?? I guess there was an early biologist in me all along. But I couldn't figure it out and so I'm not sure we read that story often. I loved radio/record stories. I loved Danny Kaye singing the Hans Christian Anderson songs about the Inchworm and the Ugly Duckling.
But I didn't worry about being eaten by either of them.
Guess fear was something in me eh? Well sure it still trips me up some times and makes me wonder...what if...??? and make a list of things that might happen, go wrong, blah blah blah.
But that's not what we're supposed to be
My parents bought a music tape for our children that was all different.
It was about who was in charge of the world, the animals etc, who knows how things work in the world? Why things happen?

"God does that's who"

Amazingly what do we want people to remember?

who is afraid? or
Who wants us not to be afraid? God does, that's who.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home