Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Memorial Tourney

The Memorial Golf tourney is in Columbus Ohio. It has been going on for 30 years. My parents had friends, the McCoys who would get week long tickets but they only wanted to go the last two days. My folks on the other hand loved to go during the week. Especially the practice rounds where the golfers were more relaxed. My Daddy knew a couple of the top golfers of the time personally. They would speak to him by name. It was a real treat for him.
When my mother, many years later, lived with us she would enjoy watching Golf. She would tell our kids. Your Grandfather played with them when we were in Ohio. They would say...Oh Ok Granny. Finally one day I told them the history, that indeed their grandfather knew that golfer personally but had never played with them. (We did all play on the Ohio State golf course)
Each time I watch this golf I remember my parents and their love of Golf. They loved to play and to watch. They loved to enjoy the tournaments at their golf course. I have many hours of good memories of playing with them. Walking, talking, taking time together as we played was a real treat for me.
I hope everyone can find ways to spend time with those they love. Some day --that love remembered --will make you a winner.
God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006


i saw a quote today... Is prayer your steering wheel or spare tire.
hummmmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home