Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, August 12, 2005

Meteor shower I and II

Good morning
I just came inside after going out to see the meteor shower. I may try again tomorrow but we had a clear morning today. I can't say I saw a shower...More like a sprinkling. Three maybe four (one was in the corner of my eye) clear bright flaming 'star' shooting across the sky. (OK I know it is not a true star!)
The outside the temperature was soft. Mild. Quiet
Does your life light up the sky? Does it light up the world around you and bring joy to others? Or have you chosen another way of being? Consider it, this life you have and make it the best you can in response to the love you are truly offered by the world.
The news says there will be more meteors... I'll be right back ...
God abides


I'm back! (Did you miss me?)
About 20 minutes and 10 meteors later. They are a wonderful phenomena! R-eally amazing I think. Imagine the ancients observing such things!

..look to the skies and see the wonders
the stars above -me on earth below
and see the awesome display of light
in the warm soft dark -pre dawn

and we count on the sun/son
to come again
to warm the earth and take away shadows
all secrets revealed in the light
for truth does not the shadow seek
but stands in light of day

do all humans look to the sky
and see the blessings of presence
we stand alone
we stand among
we stand beneath the stars

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home