Awakening a Keen Observer

Sunday, May 29, 2005

picture perfect

As I was driving home from Chattanooga and Grandfield OK today I looked over in a field and on a collapsed tree with about 15 branches shooting up into the air probably about 10-15 feet from the ground at the end of them...and there on the end of each branch were Cattle Egret. Flame white--- it looked like the flames on many candles. It was an awesome sight. Ii didn't have a camera this time, though I usually travel with one.

But what a sight, those birds on each branch. Was I the only one to see them as I drove from Lawton to Duncan? Was I the only one in awe of such a beautiful sight? I don't know. But what I do know is that picture is etched in my mind. Black cattle were clusterd not far away. All in all it was picture perfect.

So, in my brain on a frame that is hard to understand is this image...perhaps these words conjure up an image for you. But even better. Go out there and look at the world around you, whereever you are, and see the images of your world, etched in your mind.

Memorial Day...remember all those whose pictures we have to carry for them.

god abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home