Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, May 16, 2005

questions

I have had time to read a little more lately, for relaxation and found online the book "1984" by George Orwell online and I could read it there. My copy long gone. I remember reading it in high school and it really being creepy. Perhaps it is the genarator of my sometime paranoids about 'big brother'. Anyway I wonder if people have read it recently?

We all have things we think we know and then find out they aren't true. We have things that surprise us because we have figured it all out and then find out surprise...it's different. Years ago I listened with my cousin to the soundtrack to the movie Carousel. I remember making up a story about how the songs were sung and why ..I made up my own whole 'story about how and why.... 'You'll never walk alone..'. was sung... Then,, then, then, I saw the movie..What? I asked this can't be this is sad, this is tragic, It was all wrong... well wrong as far as my story line was crafted.

So don't we need then to live into a story that is true. One that has the fullest truth to it... you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free... What truth? One's truth about the bible...it says this... or it says that... for sure. Well what I think that there is a real truth...God loves you...and everything else in the Bible is trying to let us know how that looks.. how does it look in a world where God loves everyone? How does it look when we accept that love? How would that change the world? It would because there would always be sharing of food and everyone could eat, because healing would come, because all people would be 'we' not 'they'. This is the Kin-dom of God.

questions, to be true.... and be true...would that we all were true...

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005
Rev.Dr.Bobbie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home