Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, May 13, 2005

not me, not mine

Hello,
Don't you know there are times when we want it to be ..not me, not mine. We watched the weather patterns tonight on the screen and we felt it odd that the times when the picture of the storm comes up on the screen and then there isn't a flashing county we are in...well it becomes a trouble. But if it is our county..well great we can see what is coming.
Our front door is open and we hear only distant thunder and it is a gentle rain outside. The kind you want.. But there are places O not so far from here where the rain comes with hail and high winds. But well that's not me...
We hear stories on the news of people who are abused by others and we say...well not by me. Or places where someone tears up someones y text.... but not by me. And we hear of people still living in boxes on the beach after the tsunami came through in December...but not me.
But sisters and brothers, it is us. We all go together and we all hurt and celebrate together, we all thrive or are hungry together... bcauxe god created the world.... and that is the same world for us all.
So it is me...it is ours...

God abide

Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005
Dr. Bobbie G. McGarey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home