Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, January 31, 2005

Sabbath

Hello friends,

Part of my class work this week was to take a Sabbath. A time to be in the presence of God in a conscious intentional way. i did pretty well with the assignment. I did slip a couple of times and think about 'to-do's and ought-to's and didn'ts
...but for the most part I was able to focus on prayer.
i prayed using lectio, i prayed with a labrynth, i prayed with silence, i prayed the jesus prayer. ... i sat and listened between.
bless you all for your travles and journey...and know that the travels i'm on are good for us all.

I heard from a dear friend vising her daughter a long long long way from home. It is always good to be in touch with her. It gives me encouragement and strength and joy.
One of my friends on his sabbath decided in the season of Lent he would try and write a letter to one person who has meant a great deal to him in the past on his spiritual journey. I began thinking of several folks...I think I'll take this on as well as a spiritual discipline during lent. Who would you write to thank for your spiritual growth along the way? Perhaps you would like to write them as well.? consider it as you contemplate your spiritual discipline for lent.
God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home