Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Accountable

The Presbyterian Women's Gathering in 2003 had many wonderful speakers. You can access much of their talks on the PW website. (see address below) In her talk she said,
"We must be accountable to God and with each other. Hear the words of a Palestinian mother addressed to Jewish mothers, "You and I are the conscience. You and I are love and peace. You and I are the bridge to truth."
Can we say that together? You and I are the conscience. You and I are love and peace. You and I are the bridge to truth."

Elizabeth S. Tapia
http://www.pcusa.org/pwgathering/theme/tapia.htm
I encourage you to read her whole text.


What does this me for you and me? How today can we be bridge builders?

"But wait! wait!" I hear you cry. "I have other plans for today. I have to get the groceries, meet friends for lunch, visit someone in the hospital. I've got way to much to do to add on... Being LOVE and PEACE. I have enough to think about to be the conscience. That means I would have to, 'think' about what I say and do and then call others to a higher reasoning and source. Wait wait!"

We are accountable. We all know that ultimately in our hearts.
We know that we have responsibilities that come with our privilege.
With all we have been given --because all we have and all we are belongs to God.

Really now, have a great day!

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home