Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Noelle

Grace and Peace

OK I know --I have looked at the calendar-- and I do KNOW it's not December. The Air conditioning lets me know that. I did pick up a CD and put it in to play while I worked on the sermon. I got all settled at the computer before it started and I heard which one it was.

Noelle noelle the angel's did say... was to certain poor shepherds in fields where they lay.

that line has so many important parts to it for us no matter the time of year.
Joy joy we ought to have in our hearts all the time. We ought to listen to the angels' voices, those friends sent to us to bring us direction, we ought to listen to them and know that God's presences is always with us... but why did the angels sing? To certain---to steady---to comfort--- poor shepherds in the fields where they lay watching their flock by night. Poor shepherds, not royalty, not the ones who were in prayer, not to ones even expecting the miracle, not to the wealthy, not to the healthy, or folks working to earn God's favor---just some shepherds. asleep, bot even being alert at their job,

So be listening for God's voice to reminding you of God's presence in your life even when you feel as outside of it all as the shepherd's may have felt.

Now you see, in June or July or Deep December, God abides and we thank God.
turn on some Christmas carols, listen ..for God's word to you.

God Abide
Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home