Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

OOps What was that?


We were sitting outside in front of the house talking with friends when we heard something hit the ground. We looked over and Shankar said...It's a bird. He and I went over and I was so astounded I didn't even get a good photo. It was Kingfisher. This photo comes from etravelphotos.com Really amazing bird. I can't explain what those blue back and wing feathers flash when it flies. As Shanker approached it took off and flew around the corner of the dining hall and looped into the wall. It landed on it's feet, stunned.
Shankar went over and picked it up properly and then held it in hand and gently gently spread it's wings to see if one was broken or damaged. As he spread it out I took a quick snap of the color and just that fast it gathered itself and flew off. Straight arrow strong it took to the sky. We all cheered.

Some times I hit a wall. Have you ever done that? Sometimes I fall off the place that I am clinging too and hit the ground. Has that ever happened to you? Then sometimes and may more-times that some-times - gentle hands pick me up and start me all over again.
Has that ever happened to you?
Perhaps we should be those gentle hands for someone who just happens to need another and we are there. Did God call you there? Will God call you to the place you need to be?

Yes Yes we should.

keeping open the goodness of God's presence in the world and our ability and bravery to step into that ... we come forward as helping hands, God's hands in the world. What an opportunity.
Bobbie


God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
God abide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home