Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Idols

Mark Driscoll said that he realized he "was addicted to the false trinity of our day, the gods known as Noise, Hurry and Crowds."

Reading that made me stop for a moment. I mean here I am early in the morning reading news reports from around the world, reading email, and with the news on the tv, John and I are talking.

Why not start the day by stopping. Being awake and alert and being also aware of the day but silent? It can happen if I so chose. What about you? How do you start out your day? How do you find a pause in the middle? Do you find a way to be quiet? Do you find a way to be still?
Can you?

When there are others in the house it sometimes takes their cooperation. But friends it seems to me that I am going to do that.
See the tv's off, John has a meeting to attend, I can read my email at work, and the world will go on without me reading each detail, oh and I'm going to close this note to you.
God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home