Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, July 26, 2008

fashion

This morning I looked at the NYT on line and clicked on a series of reports audio with photos of fashion on the streets of NYC. It was fascinating. It got me thinking about fashion here in Oklahoma....here in the middle. I began to wonder what I would see of 'dress' here. And I tried to remember what other people wee wearing the last time I went to Wal-Mart where everyone meets. To be sure the temps have been in the 100's so I imagine that summery clothing would be the call. But then I wondered if fashion meant anything here...when compared to other cities? I mean when people get up and put on shorts or capri or slacks or sandals or flats do any of them think of putting on a pair of high heels? I am trying to think when i saw the last pair of high heels here? I mean really high heels?

So today as I run my errands I'll be watching. I will myself be wearing a Kirta and India trousers and sandals and I wonder if anyone notices?

MORE LATER
BOBBIE

It's later now... Wow I wish that the man who does the commentary on the NYT's video about style could come here ... I would love to see how he would critique people here... God love em' there is a definite style here I just can't think of a name.

Goodness it is Good News that God looks at the heart.
God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home