Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

randomSongs

As I was working this morning on the first thoughts for Sunday's sermon I turned on my computer's Itunes. Most of it is music that I've had on records or CDs and I decided as I worked that I would play random songs. You know not one album or artist just a shuffle.

In a way, though we think we are making plans, that is the way that our lives flow. One thing leads to another to another and to another...and then we are back at the beginning. A friend said that life is not linear - that is going in one direction---but it is more spiral...lapping around itself.

When I listened to this music much of it from my 'younger days' I remembered times and places and people. Many of the people I hadn't thought of in a long time. But there they were looped back into my thoughts and as present as some who stand with me today.

Have you ever wondered if you are 'looped' in someone else's memory? That when they hear a song they remember you.

What song in all of the songs would you like to have linked to you? What song would you like people to hear and say....
"Oh I remember ___________" (insert your own name)
And
Then
They
Smile in that memory of you.

God Abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2007

3 Comments:

  • Bobbie, hello. This is Dawn from Utah. What a coincidental post. I came across a crazy candle holder Betsy made for me in pottery class when we were in school and decided to google her today. I found your blog and was amused that your most recent post was about being reminded of things from our past. Pass my thoughts on to Betsy, I hope you are all doing well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Sep 18, 08:06:00 PM CDT  

  • one other thing...if their was one song that I hoped would loop me back into Betsy's memory it would be For the Longest Time by Billy Joel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Sep 18, 08:09:00 PM CDT  

  • one other thing...if their was one song that I hoped would loop me back into Betsy's memory it would be For the Longest Time by Billy Joel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Sep 18, 08:09:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home