Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Mountains and Trees

As the plane flew into the Portland Oregon airport I was loving the mountain views we were getting. These mountains are covered with huge trees and really beautiful. Suddenly the mountain, Mt. Hood, was right there just off the wing. It was so close I'd wished for my camera. I had a middle seat and the man next to me was sleeping and I couldn't get to it fast enough. But it is etched in my mind. I've got two days to soak in this environment.
Last Christmas we sat Mt. Everest from the plane to Varanasi. It stood head and shoulders above the others. Amazingly beautiful. We live in a beautiful world... all over.
I am already akin to those who love the far horizons too. Loving the way in Oklahoma you can stretch your hand around and see the horizon all around you... level and sweet.
Where is home? Where the heart is. But does your heart have to be home in only one place? I don't know. What do you think?
God abides -this I know wherever is home.
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home