Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Rainbows

My mother in law drove to the end of a rainbow. She was out in the desert, it was clear the rainbow was beautiful as she approached and then she realized the end of it was right on the road ahead of her. She stopped her car and sat there. I'm not certain how the reflection was for her right then. But it was beautiful.
Once when I was in college, and I may have told you this story some time before, we were studying for exams. My dorm, Taylor Tower, had 13 floors but the top floor was called the laundry. There were wonderful quite spots to study. I had an important exam the next day and several of us were anxious. The storm had come through and we had heard the thunder and rain. Then for some reason a couple of us looked out of the window. Against a storm blue/black sky was THE most perfect rainbow I've ever seen. The colors were deep and true almost so clearly lined between them it was awesome. You could not only count the colors, you could almost touch them. We all looked at each other and said, It is going to be ok.

According to Biblical stories that is what the rainbow was ...a promise. That things would be ok and that God was in control. Wow, that's good news.

I always go out and look for rainbows if I see sunshine after a rain. Let's look for the rainbows.

The promise is there... God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home