Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Like an Only Child

I remembered today that when I was in college and took tennis for PE the teacher hollered at me.. YOU ARE AN ONLY CHILD
Which indeed was true.
Why did you say that? I asked her.
Because, you had the put-away shot twice, a shot I know you can make, and you didn't take it. As an only child you learned that if you win, the other person might quit and you have to stop playing.

There are sometimes in the world today where people play with one another, or relate to one another, and they play as long as they are winning and then if things turn and they don't win, ta da, they stop playing. But the funny part, well sad-funny, is that if they were winning and the others wanted to stop they would be shouting about being a bad sport.
And most of the time I've never heard anyone say, Oh I'm so sorry I was a bad sport.
So then, do we live our lives like we are siblings who are willing to play as hard as we can and then congratulate the winner? Life going on.

In the kin-dom I think we'll realize our related-ness and love one another.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home