Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, September 03, 2004

Dream


I have kept track of my dreams since I was 14. Some times on a more regular basis than others. I have worked out my own set of symbols that help me undertand what my dreams are about. I've had several Big Dreams. Ones that changed my whole perspective.

Once I dreamed about the power of prayer and world peace. I was just out of college teaching Biology. It woke me with a start! I couldn't talk about it for a while because it seemed to have such power to it.

I once had a 'group dynamics' dream when I was working as a camp counselor and we couldn't figure out what was going on in the staff situation. It made all the sense in the world even though the dream itself was set in a Wild West Town. Each of the staff members were playing particular roles that made it clear why we were 'bumping' into one another as we were in the real world.

When John and I were about to get married I dreamed that we were building a house and I 'worked' on it all night and was so frustrated because I couldn't finish it....all I could do was lay the foundation..... and it was a good foundation. When I woke at first I was frustrated but then realized at that point in our relationship a sound frustration was a good thing.

A lot of the people I know pay attention to dreams. It takes a little time to write them down in the morning. It takes a little practice to remember them. It gives us insights we get no other way.

The Bible is full of Biblical dreams and dreamers. We are in good company when we remember them and listen to them... giive it a try.

Sweet Dreams

God abides
Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home