Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, August 23, 2004

Precious Child of God

I haven't gotten a copy of the article about the tribe that doesn't need numbers that I talked about a couple of days ago. I have been thinking about it however. It seems like one of the thing we do as individuals is learn early on that someoone is keeping score.
The Olympics and the Gymnast's choice about keeping the gold when there were error's made in the figuring all seem to enhance this feeling we have that we are spending our lives 'going for the gold'.
We teach children to behave in certain ways. They begin to earn a reward by completing tasks. What are we doing with that? Of course there are ways to tell children that they are precious children of God. What if that was the way we lived our lives. Teaching them over and over this very message. From the beginning...the first words spoken in their ear...
And frankly don't we all need to hear that? I mean be honest! Don't we all need to be reminded of that all the time. And perhaps instead of asking "what would Jesus do?" we would ask...As a precious child of God, what will be my work my life today to day thank you to God for all I am?"

In the movie, one of my all-time favorites Babbette's Feast one of the characters says...
"an artist is never poor...
throught the world sounds one long cry from the heart of the artist ..give me the chance to do my very best." Babbette's' Feast

So as an artist of your life have a good day...
.
PCC--that's you. Be well today you already have all you ever need and even more by God's Love. So go and enjoy. Nothing you do will ever change that love. "Nothing in all of creation can separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8)

God abide
Bobbie McGarey
@2004



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home