Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

rain

Tuesday afternoon.

It is balloon week in ABQ and we have afternoon rain today. The balloons were up this morning and I watched them as I had coffee with a friend looking out over PaseoDeNorte. It was fun. They are amazing the colors and shapes varied. It looks like fun but fun for someone who isn't challenged by height. I can appreciate them from afar and enjoy them.

I had a nice visit with a woman who sat with me when the tables all filled up. We had a nice conversation.

WE have missed the rain here. It is hopeful that the mornings will be nice enough for the rest of the week for the Fest. So many folks come for it. I hear that it is THE most photographed event anywhere. What fun. Some friends are coming for the weekend and it is supposed to be pretty again then.

The scripture for this coming week is about Moses going to the mountain and the people making the golden calf. Ah what fun that will be. The 23 psalm is also read, and the Matthew story of the people invited to the wedding and some not being prepared.

I haven't written here as I often check in at Facebook, bobbiemcgarey. But I shall try to be better about reflecting here.
God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2011 Albuquerque, NM

2 Comments:

  • Hi, Bobbie!

    You are easy to find but hard to reach. This, plus Facebook, are the only two means I have found to contact you. And I absolutely refuse to create a Facebook account. I have numerous reasons, and they are irrelevant. Suffice it to say that I just won't do it. I could not Google a phone number for you or John, and I suspect that you may have given up the landline in favor of cell phones only. Or else it is because you are relatively new (in internet terms) in ABQ.

    I see you have a church in ABQ, and John has one in Raton. God be with you both. We still miss you. Cynthia Challacombe, Evelyn Peter, Ginger and I consistently hold down our "Presbyterian pew" in the Methodist church here. That is where we have worshipped since our Presbyterian church disbanded. I think Don Dick and Jo Andrea Dunham may attend the First Christian Church here, but I'm not sure.

    This is not the place to put more personal things down, I think. I would love to catch up with you via email, if that is possible. I still have the same old address: jmerrill@pldi.net. I often wondered what you and John did after leaving your respective churches in southwest Oklahoma (if, in fact, you both did leave them; I'm not sure about John). I asked Joanne Flanders in an email if she knew, but she never responded. I used to hear from her occasionally, but no more. I still like your musings, and that is why I am here today.

    There was something I meant to say in my little speech when I presented the Bible to you from SWOPP. I forgot to say it, so those listening will never hear it. But I can say it now, and you can read it. It is heartfelt: "From birth to burial, and everywhere in between, you have given the members of this parish congregation the kind of spiritual nurturing and pastoral care that could only be described as God-inspired and God-directed." That was what was in my heart that day, and I'm sorry I forgot to say it. Perhaps it was meant only for you to hear.

    I know your time is full, and so is mine, but I'd love to hear from you.

    With fond admiration,

    J L Merrill

    By Anonymous J L Merrill, At Sun Dec 18, 04:40:00 PM CST  

  • Hi hi hi.
    We are well. John has a church in Raton and I'm in ABQ and it's working. We are both quite well and happy.
    John and I talk via computer everyday Skype. And we see one another face to face as often as we can.
    Our kids are great. Betsy is program director of St. Luke's residency program in Family Medicine. In Bethlehem PA.
    JOHNNY AND MOLLY STill live near Ft. worth and are doing great.
    Thank you so much for writing. These words mean so much to me. ... Hugs all around.
    God abide
    Bobbie McGarey

    By Blogger Bobbie Giltz McGarey, At Mon Jul 02, 09:41:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home