Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Well, I de-clare!

Grace abound in your life.

Oh the time has come again, Saturday night, to change the clocks. In the wisdom of someone unknown to me it is a good idea, saves energy, and ... messes up everyone's internal clock. I try to start on the time a few days early since on Sunday morning I have to be 'awake' at the right time so that I can worship with my mind, heart, and spirit.
I really think it is interesting that this time change happens because someone declares it so. I have often mused about what else people could declare. (Ok ok I do know there is a process and that it just doesn't happen on a whim.)

But think about this... if you, yes you, could declare something and have it happen what would that be? I'd be curious to know.

Would you declare and end to hunger? poverty? war? greed? un-thankfulness? debt?

Would you declare something personal? end to being overweight? end to being selfish? end to being tied to work? end to ....

I'm gonna ponder that myself. This coming Sunday is the reading from Matthew on the Temptations (not the singing group)...and what Jesus had to understand. Not just from an immediate position of satisfaction but understand from a more universal position.
Because for Jesus it was not about him. And friends, it's not about you either.
It IS about something bigger than all of us...

Oh and set your clock... forward one hour before you go to bed on Saturday night.

Thanks be to God

God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2011 Albuquerque, NM

1 Comments:

  • Sometimes I feel if I could address the issues related to me, that would help me in my giving to the world. Although, by being flawed I can relate to all others...so who wants to be perfect?

    By Blogger Unknown, At Thu Mar 17, 06:37:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home