Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Angels and Bells

Greetings and Peace

In my car, bless it's little 240,000 miles, I have hanging from the heater nobs an angel and a bell. The angel I got from a Greater gifts store. It's about 2 inches made of capiz shell and on the other nob is the bell. The bell is one that was a 'favor' at Molly and Johnny's wedding.
Depending on where the temperature is set the bell often rings with every little movement of the car. Not a loud ring but a little tinkling. It is a call to prayer. I've always first thought of my family wherever they are near-by around the world. The people that are on my prayer list, the people whose concerns are raised through news stories, the whole of the creation.
And the gentle tinkling is for me a prayer raised with all those thoughts whenever it rings. It makes me smile...and sometimes cry but it is a prayer lifted to God.
And again the good thing is that I don't have to fill in all the words of the prayers. It's a good thing that God's presence in our lives is God's giving. It is a good thing that we can just rest back in the sure and certain knowledge of God's love for us.
Can you? I sure hope you can.
If you need a reminder to do so find a little bell or a little angel or whatever you want to use that will help you remember to pray.
As the great Christian mystic wrote: "If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. Meister Eckhart"

Find that reminder and let it call you constantly to prayer.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home