Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, July 18, 2005

monday III

Oh Hello Again
So this afternoon I'm trying to pick up some things that I had left out yesterday and.... I put my cell phone in my pocket.
Do I have to tell you the next part of this story? I mean really, has this not happened to you? You know, the phone rings, you know it 's yours, you look around, you take a couple of steps you seem to be getting closer but no phone in sight...you look around the room even more...maybe if I turn around again. Then duh, it hits you! It's in my pocket! Oh my goodness. I was laughing as I said, "Hello".

All right then, I hear you say, WHY are you telling us about this? I mean you were alone. Why would you confess to everyone this is what you did?
Simply
Easily
Truly
Because I thought it was funny.
And in a theological sense...
it IS typical of us isn't it.
We've been promised God's nearness. Always. Jesus Emmanuel. And then we go a'lookin' for him. We go out looking for evidences of God in a chaotic world. God never left. God is always right beside us in the midst of the chaos pushing out the blue. If we'll stop spinning around and think for a minute.

"Hello. Yes, God. What can I do for you today?

God abide.
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home