Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Chair

grace and peace be yours...

I have been watching two folks moving into the apts where I'm living. They had several people helping them or I would have volunteered to help. Moving has an interesting effect on my psyche. I suppose it is natural to feel unsettled in the midst of it. I feel better with my things in my apt. I had some good friends helping me and that made the difference. Now that I have my "chair' I'm feeling really comfortable.

See this chair has been part of my life--my whole life. We had this chair when I was born and I remember many things about this chair. When I was about 3 I sat behind it and cut my bangs. How would they know? Oh they were all chopped up and the hair was on the floor. I got in trouble not because I'd cut my bangs...that was done...I got in trouble for saying I hadn't done it.

I remember my Daddy in this chair with me on his lap and him reading to me. It is time again to have it reupholstered. I'll save up to have that done.

Right now it enfolds me. My little dog Annie likes it too. That's good when moving. All our things are on a truck right now...somewhere between Duncan and Raton.

Find a place where you can feel that kind of security.

God abides
Bobbie G. McGarey
@2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home