Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Take a Stand

Tuesday evening I was coming home ffrom a full day meeting in OKC and I turned south at Chiicksha and had the last 30 miles to go. Long slow summer evening twilight. There were some beautiful beautiful clouds to the south that were catching the sunset and I watched them the whole way home. Public radio had some wonderful music and the time moved quickly by and I was home. Those clouds were like the sweeping edge of a painting. It is no wonder people over time have tried to paint. Nature draws out of us awe.

When I got home I got a call from our daughter who said they were in a really bad storm in Ft. Worth and would I look to see if it was a tornado.on the itnternet weather.She and Johnny and Molly were together and had been cooking a great dinner when the lights went out and the storm got intense. I looked and there was an intense storm over them but there was no present sign of tornado where they were..

Then I realized that the sweeping edge of those beautiful clouds that I had been admiring and enjoying all the way home were the back end of the storm that had them hunkered down in Ft. Worth. The perspectives on these clouds was completely different.

And our world is like that. To one person things are wonderful awe inspriing and beautiful. To others they are a trial or threat. Where we stand does color what we see. When we have differences with someone how can we learn more often to try and stand where they stand and see the issue or problem. Perhaps we should say here I stand, let me stand by you and see what you see. And perhaps invite them over to where we stand to share our point of view.

. But see, just there is the real trick...to find someone else who will look at both sides too. But another being stubborn is no excuse for our being stubborm!

Perspective. Now remember that God also stands and sees our lives from a different perspective. Not to judge us all the time but to sometimes enourage us to see a problem, a dilemma, a trouble, a sadness, a fear, from God's side and perspective. That's important you know. Really important. Jesus always stood by those that others stood and judged, the sick, the lonely, the outcast, what on the world would we have.?

God abides .....
Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home