Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, April 23, 2004

Spring

Friday morning
I was driving to OKC for a meeting that required my attendance and really wanted to be headed the other way. It was early morning and I had to miss my exercise class and generally I was feeling grumpy about the day.
Because of the rain and the storms that had gone through the day before there were patches of fog and low clouds. The Spring Green caught my eye in several places and the sun began to burn through the foggy morning and my spirit.
I looked over to one farm pasture and saw two big horses in the green swirled with the fog and as fog does it became more clear. Leaping up and turning around was a small colt, young, frisky, tail arched, head arched, spreading joy.
At 70 mph (yes it is the speed limit) I was passed the quick vision all to fast. I wanted to pull over and go back and just sit and watch. The image however has played in my brain like a looped movie over and over and over.
What do we miss at 70 mph in our lives beyond just the world's presentation of joy? We miss our families when we are just in the midst of usual things. We miss our friends when we are just quiet with them. We miss just being present to one another.
Easter -tide is the time to be especially alert. Aware and attuned to all that is already around us.
Hear that---- out there---- it is a cardinal chirping --- really---shhhhh can you hear it?
God abides and I thank God
Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home